No grappling with grapes!
Health Benefits of Grapes
Like so many plant-based foods, Grapes are very healthy for a variety of reasons:
- Grapes contain Vitamin-K.
- High in Manganese.
- Grapes contain polyphenol resveratrol which represents one of the most important phytonutrients because of its ability to protect against colon and prostate cancers, coronary heart diseases, degenerative nerve disease and even Alzheimer's.
- Grapes contain Anthocyanins. They generate anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-cancer activities.
- Grapes contain oligopeptides which have anti-bacterial properties
- Grapes inhibit bad LDL cholesterol and plaque build-up in the arteries. They are rich in micronutrient minerals like copper and manganese. Grapes have a low glycemic index and contain the hormone and antioxidant melatonin as well as good amounts of electrolyte potassium. Dried grapes (raisins) have a good amount of iron too.
Inflammation is the basis of many life-threatening diseases of the body. Grapes intake can reduce inflammation inside human body significantly.
However, like any good thing, grapes should be consumed in moderation due to its high fructose content.
Feeling strong, energized and healthy is a wonderful state to be in and fruits like Grapes help us achieve that state.