Health Benefits of Banana
We all love Bananas but hardly ever know of the health benefits!
Throwing some light on a few of them!
- Health promoting FLAVONOIDS
- POLY-PHENOLICS, such as lutien, zeaxanthin, beta & alpha carotenes. All these act as free radical gobbling anti-oxidants
- Banana also has a high Vitamin-C content, most known for its infection fighting properties
- Just one banana contains 450mg of POTASSIUM, which is important for controlling the heart rate and blood pressure. This is interesting, since the same banana has just one milligram of SODIUM
- The Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) in one banana provides around 28% of what is needed daily by our bodies to help prevent anemia and coronary artery disease.
- The bananas have fibres in abundance that keeps the digestive system regulated
- Banana has magnese which is needed to activate antioxidant enzyme
- One banana supplies adequate amount of copper to keep up the production of red blood cells
Overall, a very likeable, safe and important fruit for our bodies
WE LIVE ONLY ONCE, LET US LIVE WELL