ShahiNawabi Biryani from the royal kitchens of Nizams.Long exotic basmati rice with its rich aroma filling the air sprinkled with saffron here and there, giving a hue of yellow, red and other colours displayed all over adds up to a divine taste.
Who doesn’t love this pampered, fragrant, rice delicacy that reigns supreme as the world best one pot meal?
- ½ kg Basmati Rice (semi-cooked)
- 1 kg Boneless Meat (chopped into square pieces)
- 500 grams Curd
- 4-6 tsp Nilon’s Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 4-6 Green Chilli
- 8-10 Big Onions (sliced)
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- ½ tsp Nilon’s Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Tsps. Of Nilon’s Super Garam Masala
- 5-6 twigs Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 5-6 twigs Mint Leaves (chopped)
- 2-4 pinch Saffron, 2-3 cardamom and Cinnamon
- 2-3 drops Saffron Colour
- 1-2 pods Clove
- 2 cup Oil
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Salt (to taste)
- Smear the pieces of meat with Nilon’s ginger-garlic paste and keep them to marinate for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, fry the sliced onions in a heated pan till light brown. Let the onions cool down and then crush them.
- Now add crushed fried onion (only three-fourth), curd, red chilli powder, Nilon’s chilli powder, Nilon’s Super Garam Masala, coriander leaves, clove, saffron water, mint leaves and salt to the marinated meat. Leave the meat as it is for another 1 hour.
- Make the mixture of aromatic water by adding salt (one tsp), cinnamon, clove, cardamom, mint leaves and coriander leaves in a little water.
- Now spread half of the semi-cooked rice in a heavy bottomed vessel. Add saffron colour, lime juice, ghee and the remaining onions over the rice.
- Spread a layer of marinated meat over this, and again spread the remaining semi-cooked rice. Now add the aromatic water in a circular motion over the rice. Now tightly cover the vessel with a lid. Keep it on a low flame.
- Remove the vessel from the flame exactly after 15 minutes. Your ShahiNawabi Biryani is ready to serve. Garnish with Coriander and mint leaves and serve hot.