Navratri is just round the corner. The festival of dance, revelry and not to forget fasting too. This year we give you some delectable choices that you can have during your fast for the 9 nights. If the festival is all about celebration, why should you compromise on the food? Just add Nilon’s range of spices and see your dishes transform.
- ½ cup Nilon’s Sabudana
- ¼ cup sama (sawa) rice
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- Nilon’s Rock Salt to taste
- Nilon’s Black Pepper powder to taste
- 1 cup Water
- Peanut oil as required
For the stuffing:
- 2 large boiled potatoes
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 green chilli
- Wash the Sabudana thoroughly under cold water and soak in water for at atleast 6-8 hours.
- Next, wash sawa rice and soak in water for 6-8 hours. Drain them well and grind into smooth paste. Add yogurt, Nilon’s salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the rest of the water and make a smooth batter and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Now, heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add the chopped green chilies, crushed peanuts and curry leaves and sauté over medium heat for 30 seconds. Also, add the mashed boiled potatoes, chopped coriander leaves, Nilon’s salt and pepper powder to taste.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes and remove. Allow to cool.
- Heat the tawa for dosa.
- On a medium hot tawa, pour a ladle full of the batter and spread around going in a circular motion beginning from the center to out. Once slightly cooked, drizzle some oil.
- Once the dosa is crisp on the underside and properly cooked, place some potato stuffing in the center and fold over. Serve immediately.
- Enjoy with some chutney & Nilon’s crispy Sago papad.