Turmeric (Haldi), also known as Curcuma longa is referred to as the “Queen of Spices”. Its sharp taste, golden color and pepper like aroma, pulls people towards this wonder spice. In India, turmeric has been in use for about 2500 years and is renowned for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. However, these are not the only benefits turmeric posses. Listed below are some vital health benefits of turmeric.
1) A research showed that turmeric causes melanoma cells to commit suicide and in turn prevents and reduces the risk of skin cancer.
2) Turmeric reduces leptin resistance, lowers insulin resistance, reduces inflammation and activates fat burning gene signals. Hence, it becomes a powerful tool in fighting obesity and helps in weight loss.
3) Oral intake of turmeric proves beneficial against psoriasis and is recommended as a natural remedy.
4) Turmeric is highly beneficial for people with rheumatoid arthritis. Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant property provides relief from joint pains and joint inflammation.
5) Turmeric is advantageous in the treatment of diabetes as it helps moderate insulin levels. It also increases the effect of diabetes medication. However, one should consult a doctor before consuming high levels of turmeric with diabetes medication because it can cause low blood sugar levels.
6) High levels of cholesterol can lead to serious health issues. Including turmeric in your diet can help reduce cholesterol levels and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
7) Turmeric’s antibacterial, antifungal and antifungal properties strengthen the immune system and reduce the chance of suffering from cold, cough and flu’s. Mix a teaspoon of turmeric in milk and say bye-bye to these illnesses.
Do not forget to include this miracle spice in your daily diet. Buy a pack of Nilons turmeric powder today and see the magic!