Pulav’s are simple to cook and delicious to eat. This one-pot rice dish is a whole meal in itself. Add a bowl of raita to the plate and you have the perfect combination. This comfort food can be made in a pressure cooker or slow-cooked in a pot; it depends on the cook and their preferance. A number of interesting ingredients can be used for preparing highly flavoured and aromatic pulavs which will captivate your taste buds.
Listed below are a few essential ingredients required for making mouth-watering Pulavs:
1) Cardamom: The queen of spices cardamom, adds a very exotic flavour to the pulav. Put a few pods in the oil and let them crackle. The aroma of roasted pods will envelope the rice, leaving behind a sweet, pungent taste.
2) Bay leaf: This Mediterranen herb, works as a glamourous spice in the Indian cuisine. Its wild and rich flavour are to die for. Including bay leaf in your pulav recipe might add the missing oomph to the dish.
3) Nilons Pulav Masala: This masala is carefully formulated from the best roasted spices. Powdered in form, it adds a beautiful texture to the pulav while enhancing its taste and aroma. Do pick it up the next time you are out to shop.
4) Saffron: Saffron provides a very subtle aromatic explosion in the food. Though mild, the fragrance is distinct and breathtaking. Do remember to soak it before using, for better results.
5) Ghee: Addition of a spoonful of this Indian wonder to the pot of pulav adds to the dish’s flavours and brings out a magical aroma. Ghee will be the bridge beween you and Maa ke haath ka kahana.
6) Clove: It gives the dish a warm taste and strong smell which are enough for luring everyone in the family. Add some to the pot for making healthy and appetizing pulav.