AcharGosht is a South Asian masala dish which sports the tangy flavour and aroma of achar (pickle) with the richness of meat. The distinct aroma of the fragrant spices used in the cooking of achargosht will take you to the roller-coaster of beautiful childhood memories of Ramadan.
Achari Mutton is a blend of flavours and served hot with Jeera rice it is such a satisfying and comforting meal.
- 5 Onions
- 5 Tomatoes
- 750gms Boneless mutton
- ½ tsp Nilon’s Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tspKalonji (onion seeds)
- 5 Cloves
- 1 tspsaunf (fennel seeds)
- 1 tsp Nilon’s Red chili powder
- 3 tbspNilon’s Ginger- Garlic Paste
- 3-4 twigs Coriander leaves (chopped)
- 7 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt (according to taste)
- Chop onions and tomatoes finely.
- Roast the whole spices separately. Grind them altogether.
- Add Nilon’s ginger-garlic paste in a pan with heated oil in it. Add coarsely ground masala powder. Keep stirring.
- Add mutton to it and cook it on high heat till it turns brown.
- Add tomatoes, Nilon’s Red chilli powder, salt, Nilon’s Turmeric powder and mix it well. Cook till the time oil leaves the masala. Add about 3 cups of water, bring it to a boil and cover
- Cook it till the time mutton is fully done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.